Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday, Monday

What can I say? It's Monday.
Robby and I went out to eat yesterday. Yes, I have a son still willing to be seen in public with his Mother. Will wonders never cease?
We went to Ryan's. Ryan's is one of those smorgasbord places. There are islands of food, and tons of food on those islands. Every thing from mac & cheese to steak. I won't even mention the dessert bar. For someone on a diet, it's about as close to hell as you can get. On the other hand for a guy like Robby, it's pretty much heaven with tables.
Guess what?
I did just fine.
I had a small piece of fish, flounder I think. Steamed veggies, and a small piece of steak, which I ended up not eating because it was TOO rare. No dessert. Ice water to drink. I know that doesn't sound like much but I was full when I finished. The best part? Sitting there, having this nice conversation with my youngest son, in my new size smaller jeans there were TOO big! Trust me no amount of food can compare with the feeling I felt. It was the first time I can ever remember leaving a restaurant not feeling bad about having over-eaten.
I ROCK!!
Speaking of rock. Are there any Lynyrd Skynyrd fans out there? I know the music I have here is usually country, but, believe it or not I'm not really a country music fan. I actually prefer 70's/80's Southern Rock and Motown. I love me some Marvin Gaye (Me & Mrs Jones, I Heard It Through The Grapevine). Anyway (ooo Piggy's fav word) I found out you can go to the Wal-Mart website and create your own CD (thanks SALLY!). Now is that totally cool or what? So I'm in the process of making myself a customized CD, with some Skynyrd, some Steve Miller Band (Space Cowboy) some Allman Brothers, and of course some Eagles.
I guess Monday's aren't so bad after all.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films