Saturday, February 04, 2006

Who IS This Woman?

This past week has been an excercise in discovery. At least for me.
I don't know if it's the change in me, or if there's something in the atmosphere. Whatever it is I hope it last. Forever!
You know sometimes people will surprise you. You think you know someone, know how they will react,then they'll do the damnedest thing. Just knock you right off your feet.
A few weeks ago someone from my past suddenly reappeared in my life. That seemingly [NOT] minor event has apparently set off a chain reaction. Last week I screwed up my courage and reached out to a few people, that I was sure wouldn't be the least bit interested in hearing from me. Not that I'd done anything to them, other than just be my usual stubborn, sanctimonious self. To my surprise they were all happy to hear from me. Well, with maybe ONE exception, and I'm not really sure what he thought. We chatted, caught up on the news in our lives, and visited some fond memories. One of them, has been particularly nice. He's done some really sweet things for me. I'm not going to mention his name. He knows who he is, and that's enough.
One of those people was at one time a really good friend. We didn't have any kind of 'falling out', but there were things going on in her life that I didn't approve of. I of course voiced my opinion, not always the smartest move. Then, I just sort of drifted away, letting those 'things' get in the way. She thought I was mad, I thought she didn't care. When I called her, we were both a little hesitant at first but then that old 'feeling' came back and in no time we were chatting away about everything in our lives. At one point she shocked me when she said, "Wanda if I didn't know better, I'd think you were in love". Wow, where did that come from? I ask what she meant, she said, "I don't know, it's something in your voice, something different". I think she may be right.
Could it be I'm learning to love, MYSELF?
Maybe, or maybe it's someone else. Someone who reached out across space and time, and touched me. Can one person really have that big of an impact on another?
Who knows? All I know is I'm feeling better than I've felt in years. I'm looking forward to each day. And I'm going to stop now, before I make a complete fool of myself.
Here's hoping everyone has a great week ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films