Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So, you wanna be "My Man"...

I found this over at Monica's
I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect partner. I'm not perfect and I certainly don't expect anyone else to be. We all stumble and fall along the way. The important thing is that we learn to forgive and to let go of the hurt. However a man who possesses the qualities I'll list would be close enough to perfect for me.

1.) Compassion. I can't imagine life with someone who couldn't feel for the plight of those less fortunate than himself. A man without compassion is a man who's soul is damaged. Ours is not to judge but to serve, and we serve best by serving our fellow man. Or woman.

2.) Sense of humor. You've got to be able to laugh. Not just at others but at yourself and at life. Like when your trying to make that stupid dog sing. Do you have any idea how silly you look? Do you know how much I love watching you? If you treat me half as good as you do that dog, I'll be a lucky woman. Besides, it kinda turns me on. For you, not the dog.

3.) Be versatile. Stubbornness and rigidity are not conducive to building a relationship. Life is about growing and changing. If I tell you I want to stay in for the night and you makes plans, then I change my mind, don't get all bent out of shape. I'm a woman. Changing my mind is what I do. It may be what I do best. Well maybe not BEST but it's in the top five things. By the way, this includes the bedroom. Flexibility and versatility are very important here. I plan on making up for lost time, so be prepared. You might want to stock up on vitamins. Or at least caffeine. I've been hearing a lot about those 'power' drinks. Maybe you could invest in a couple of cases.

4.) Integrity. For me integrity encompasses honesty, and trustworthiness. You can't have one without the others. I don't mind if you look, but if you cross the line, your neither honest or trustworthy and your sorely lacking in integrity. I don't need this in my life. That includes what you do on the internet. You'd be surprised just how many people think online relationships don't count as cheating on or dishonoring your spouse or significant other. Never, ever cross that line. If you do, it's over. Finished. Done.

5.) Be attractive. I don't mean you have to be a 'hunk', or drop dead good looking. Not that I don't appreciate that you are, just know it's not the 'looks' that matter. It's how you take care of yourself. How you dress. The way you carry yourself, the way you act, and the way you treat others. Nice teeth are important. Really. Nothing turns me on like your smile. Well except for that dog singing thing.

6.) Intelligence. I need you to talk to me. About things other than your family. Things that matter. Like politics. We don't have to agree (in fact it's kind of exciting when we don't), but I do need you to care enough to have an opinion. And to be able to talk about a variety of subjects. I love pillow talk. It's the best. So don't plan on rolling over an falling asleep.

7.) Be my rock. Give me someone strong I can depend on. I don't need you to take care of me. But when I get myself in a situation where I need you, be there. Climb up on that white horse and rush in to save me. I'm a woman after all. Chances are pretty good that I'm gonna get myself in a muddle now and then. Be there for me when I do. I'll do the same for you. I promise.

8.) Love me. Warts and all. No, I don't have any 'warts' (freckles are not warts) but I do have flaws. Plenty of them. I'm a selfish woman and I want ALL your heart. I want to be THE most important person in your life. There should be only one thing you need more than me and that's air to breathe. If your not prepared to put me first, then let's don't even start down this road. I've played second fiddle and I don't like that position. I'll share you with the dog, and even your nosy/bossy/interfering Mother/family, but I come FIRST!

Okay, so, we know what "I" want, now what's on YOUR list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films