Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rebel Without a Cause

I woke up yesterday morning with a God awful headache and feeling sick to my stomach. Okay so it was technically late yesterday morning. It was all I could do to drag my body to the potty, then back to bed. All I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and make the world go away. So I did.
Which means I did not attend my sister-in-law's funeral. I don't know if it was a combination of not enough sleep and too much wine (hey I only had two, well maybe three small glasses), or if it was the idea of how creepy it would be to sit in a chapel listening to the eulogy of someone with the exact same name as myself. I'm certain I shall be the talk of the town, and most definitely the 'family'. One simply does not 'blow off' the funeral of a family member. Of course there will be those who saw my husband there, not accomplied by me and will now wonder just which 'Wanda' actually passed away? But at 1 PM today I didn't really care. Do I think Wanda would understand? Probably not. Wanda was very big on doing the proper thing. I on the other hand have always had a bit of a 'nonconformist' streak in me. It's not like they don't already know this. Still I will be the main topic on the wagging tounges of more than one or two old ladies. The men folks will just wish they'd had the pomposity to do likewise. Either way, she's in the ground and heaven bound. Godspeed Wanda #1!
Anyway (ooo Piggy's fav word) by late this afternoon the headache had gone away. My lovely daughter fixed me something to eat and the sick stomach has quieted down. While not in top form, I am feeling much better.
Guess what? Survivor Guatamala premiers tonight! Any guesses on who the two returning Survivors will be?
I'm betting Rob and Amber. Or maybe Ian and Jenna. I reckon we'll know soon enough.
Big Brother's almost over and it's looking like Maggie's gonna win. I hate that, because I don't think she's played the game at all. But heck, when does the most deserving (which would be Jani or Ivette) ever win?
By the way, IF anyone is interested in my opinion of the Judge John Roberts nomination, and suitablity for the job, you can find it over at Words on a Page . ( David, if my comment in your blog today surprised you, your gonna get a real jolt from this one!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films