Tuesday, August 23, 2005

To Blog or Not To Blog

Ah that is the question. Like Brenda I too have noticed that a good many of our blogging community are suffering with a bit of angst over their blogging. No one wants to out right give it up, but for several it's beginning to get in the way of life in the 'real' world. The reasons are as varied as the folks experiencing the 'growing pains/burnout'. I myself have had more than a few days when I found myself hard put to find something to write about. For some reason I've had this insane idea one MUST blog everyday. How moronic is that? Leave it to me to think it has to be all or nothing.

I started blogging to vent. Didn't we all? Mostly I wanted to vent about the crappy state of politics. I quickly found most folks (at least folks who's blogs I enjoyed) weren't the least bit interested in politics or my opinions of politicians. So, I started blogging about my family. That worked out fairly well until my son stumbled upon my blog and was quite put out with me. "I can't believe you wrote all that stuff about our family," he said "angrily." Then Kasey (who now has her OWN blog) let me know in no uncertain terms she wasn't thrilled with me bitching to the blogosphere about OUR ups and downs. So much for that idea. So, you can see why I was sorely tempted for a while to just give it up all together.
To make a long story short (the ending which you already know) I opted for a different route and now have two blogs. I will admit Just Breathe is the more difficult of the two to keep up. There are days when I have to dig deep to find things to write about. Which is why of late, I've gone days without posting. But give it up altogether? I don't think I could. Because you see, you all have become like family to me and I can't imagine letting these relationships fall into disrepair.
However, I have the luxury of large quantities of free time. I don't work full time. I have no small/school age children. I also have a grown daughter who lives at home who does most of my housework. So, ablogging I will go. Maybe not as often as in the past. Maybe sometimes I'll mix things up a bit and post about an issue that is very important to me, even if it is politically oriented. I guess that means, you all are stuck with me.
FYI, here's an update on the family. Daniel is back in Texas, doing his 'I'm nobody's Daddy/son/brother, I have no responsibilities' thing. Zach is back at his Mom's,in school and at this point in time doing well. Josh, Amie, & kids are all doing fine. I don't see much of them but Amie talks to Kasey on MSN messenger and she keeps me updated. Kasey is once again job hunting. Sporadically, but any attempt is better than none. Rob has taken a leave from his work at the county jail is working with a state wide utility company. The pay is almost double and he gets to travel. Which he sorely needed with Andrea gone off to college. Robert is still dividing his time between home and his brother's in the 'upcountry'. I live for those mini vacations of his. There is peace in the valley homestead, when he's away. As for 'Moi', I'm doing about average. I don't work out, but I do a bit of volunteer work so that offsets the lazy (a wee bit???). Some days are good, some days are not so good. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.
I'm thinking of going on a self improvement campaign. Maybe get back into a halfway decent shape for that trip to Washington next summer. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films