Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops...
That's where you'll find me.


There are times when my life is like a kaleidoscope. Everything seems to be a swirl of colors spiraling just out of focus. Everything and everyone around me seems to control me instead of my controling them. At times like this, I border on despair and must fight the desire to simply give up. Despair sucks the marrow out of one's soul, and the strength from one's body. I find myself wanting to retreat into my bedroom and sleep. Perchance to dream of a world where troubles melt like lemon drops. I'm not one who's prone to depression. But I too have had my bouts with the demons that lurk within the corridors of the mind.
I can't tell you how many times blogging has been my therapist. If I can't find one good reason to smile when blogging then the whole world must be having a terrible, awful, very bad day. Hence I don't feel so alone. It helps to know when I feel this way that I am not a lost lonely soul in a barren land. Blogging helps me say to myself, hang in there, the world will soon right itself and all will be something at least close to copasetic.
For this reason, I want to say thank you. To all of you who in your blogging take the time to bear your souls, to share your deepest, darkest thoughts and moments. To offer a port in the storm to the wayfarer who may wander into your private space seeking comfort and solace. More often than not, you have provide me with a welcome and much needed respite. You've made me laugh, you made me cry. But most of all, you've let me know. I am not alone. You are my port in the storms of life. Your always there waiting, somewhere just over the rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films