Thursday, June 09, 2005

Prayer Request

I don't often ask for help. It's not my nature to do so. Mostly it's a pride thing. But this is too important to let my pride get in the way.
As most of you know, I haven't seen my oldest son in several years. His current lifestyle breaks my heart. His attitude toward his son is a source of endless sleepless nights and untold hours of weeping. The hardest part is seeing the affect this all has on Zachary.
Zach is the sunshine of my life. From the day he was born he has held a special place in my heart. I can still recall the first time I held him. It was as close to pure joy as one can get. There is something so intense about holding the child of your child. In many ways he's the only grandchild I have that I get to really enjoy. I have four other grandchildren, but their Mother's are not inclined to share them with me. So Zach is pretty much all I have. Trent and Hayley are precious but I only get to see them every few months.
Anyway (yep, there's Piggy's fav word) a few days ago Kasey got an email from Daniel (oldest son) saying if she and her friend would come by an pick him up while they are in Texas this weekend, he will come back home with them. To say I'm shocked and afraid to even begin to be happy is an understatement. So, what I'm asking for is your prayers. Pray that this time he means it. That he will come home and that he will find it in his heart to finally begin to build a relationship with his child. To be the Dad that Zachary so rightfully deserves. I know with so many sick and so much pain in the world this may seem so insignificant but to me it is so very important. If you can find it in your hearts to do so, please say a prayer or two. For the prodical son to find his way home and for a little boy to finally have his Daddy.
By the way, can someone please tell me what happened to Vegasbaby? I went to her blog today and all I found are pictures ( one of a very large whale penis). Did she move and NOT leave ME a forwarding address? If anyone has an email addy for her please ask her to let me know where she has bimbled off too. I don't want to have to hire a private detective to find her!
Now, back to those prayers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films