Monday, June 20, 2005

Monday's Musings

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
*****


If you think about it, this is an almost perfect prayer.

There are things we simply cannot change.
There's the weather. No matter how hot it gets, or cold, we cannot change the weather.
Then there are 'other people'. We can't change others. We can try, we can talk, beg, plead, bitch, and scream. But in the end, it's up to the individual. He or she has to want to make the needed (or not) changes for themself.

Then there's changing the things we can. We can change ourselves. We can change our attitude. We can change where we live, what we do, what we say, how we look, and even what we think. Sometimes we can help others to change their attitude. We can live our lives as an example. We can work toward a better tomorrow. We can let go of the past. Or at least learn from it then move on.

The wisdom comes in knowing the difference. Knowing what we can change and working toward that goal. Knowing what we cannot change and learning to live with it.

As for me, I'm still a work in progress. I haven't quite gotten to the point where I can make all the changes I want to make. Or learned to let go of the things I can't change. So, I guess I'll just have to keep on praying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films