Thursday, June 23, 2005

Defining Moment

Over the past few weeks I've been contemplating giving up my political blog. As much as I love having a place where I can rant and rave about the injustices of our government, our political leaders and the world in general, it seemed like more days than not, I almost had to struggle to come up with something to post in both blogs. The primary reason I had kept the blog was because it's the place I can go to vent about things I don't discuss here. You may have noticed that I'd been trying to slip a bit of controversy in here, every now and then. Sort of testing the waters. A few days ago I posted a rant about a banner at Auburn University. It didn't really generate too much attention but no one seemed to be overly offended by it either. On a whim, I decided to post it over at Words On A Page . Mostly because I didn't have anything else to post at the moment. Well, much to my shock and amazement, that little rant has generated an unbelieveable number of comments. Well for me any way. Especially since I rarely have more than 5 or 6 comments. I've been so surprised I've left it up for awhile just to see what would happen. As of today the comments reached 50. 50! Can you believe that? I don't think I've had 50 comments in a WEEK over there.
Funny thing is, the discussion in the comments has become more interesting than the orginal rant. Everything has been debated. The war, religion, both the current and former administrations, and their propendency for lies. Most commenters are of course very liberal leaning, but there are two guys (Chris & Delftsman) who are strongly conservative and they don't hesitate to take on the whole bunch. It never gets nasty, just people debating their points of view. Which was really all I'd ever wanted.
By this time next week, it'll probably be back to being a little blog few people read, but for those few days, a whole bunch of folks showed up for my party.
Maybe I won't give it up after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films