Monday, April 11, 2005

The Book Meme

Oldwhitelady at It's Morning Somewhere , has entered the chain-meme fray and has passed this book meme onto me.
Here are my responses.

1.You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book would you be?
[Note: In the novel - because books were burned. To save the content of books, people memorized one in order to pass the content on to others.]
"Lord of the Flies", by William Gerald Golden. Why? Society needs to be reminded of what happens when chaos ensues.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

This is tough. There are so many. Some for their sheer entertainment value
(LuLu in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich).
Others because they appeal to the woman in me ( Spenser in the
Spenser Mysteries
by Robert B. Palmer. Just to name a few.

3.What is the last book you bought?

My Life by Bill Clinton.

4.What are you currently reading?


Melancholy Baby
, by, yep, Robert B. Parker. Incidently, ace lady detective Sunny Randall is another of my crushes . I soooo want to be her!!

5.Five books for your desert island cruise package.

a. "The Blue Day Book" by Bradley Trevor Greive. If this book doesn't cheer you up on your bluest days nothing will (thanks Ellen).
b. The Bible. No explanation necessary.
c. "Instant Boats", by Harold "Dynamite" Payson - I think I'll snag this one from OWL's list. As well as her explanation
"Using this book, I can build a boat to row around to close islands. Possibly, even use it to get back to civilization, should I decide I need to get back".
d. "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. This one looks to be good entertainment for those rainy days.
e. "Lord of the Flies", by William Gerald Golden. Just in case.


6.Who are you going to pass this book meme baton to and why? (only three people)

David , because I'm curious to know what he reads.
Mary Lou , same reason.
Cowboy Joe . I'm curious to see another side of him.

This meme has made the rounds here in the blogosphere, so if ya'll have already been there done this, just give us a trackback to the post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films