Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Beam me up Scotty!

Back a few weeks ago I posted my Prime Directive/living will. At the end I said if they ever perfected that whole freezing thing I wanted to be in on it. Well, apparentely somebody was listing.
Scientist develop 'hibernation on demand'
"Technique could be used in hospitals to reduce fevers or buy time for organ transplants, researchers say.
A research team led by Mark Roth, a cell biologist at Seattle's Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, has found a way to put mice into hibernation for six hours — and the technique could conceivabley be applied to human patients as well."


Granted I was hoping for a bit more than six hours, but hey you gotta start somewhere. I figure by the time I'm 65 or so, they should have this darn near perfected. Look out great-great grandkids, Granny Wanda is coming to visit. I sure hope we're in the Star Trek business for real by then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films