Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thoughts for Thursday

I want to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
Donna's funeral will be tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if I will go or not. There will be so many people there I'm sure I won't be missed. Christen and Kevin's funerals were earlier this week. I know this has been especially hard on the students and teachers at our high school. Both Kevin and Christen were students there. Christen, a senior and Kevin a freshman. Most of the students had Ms Gallion as their music teacher at one time or another. Thankfully most everyone is trying to be supportive and there's not been any pointing of fingers or accusations of fault. I understand that counselors are being provided for the kids at school. I'm sure the churches are offering their support to anyone who needs it as well.
Our little weekly newspaper came out late last night and of course there were pictures. As I looked at them I am amazed that anyone could have survived. The entire front of Kevins car, motor and all was found about 50 feet from the rest of the car. State troopers said neither Kevin or Christen were wearing seat belts. Who knows if it would have saved their lives or not. I believe that God has a set time for all of us to go and when that time comes nothing will stand in his way.
As time goes by everyone will slip back into their normal routines and life will go on. Yet it's for certain that these three wonderful people won't be forgotten. Hopefully every teenager who knew them will stop and think before they press too hard that gas pedal. Hopefully we'll all be a little more cautious and alert. Most of all I hope that everyone who drives a bit too fast, or who's tempted to let their attention wander while driving, will stop and think, it's not just your life your endangering when you are careless. Even one mistake can extract a very high price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films