Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

I feel like such an ass. For the past two days I've been going on willy nilly about funerals, death and dying. Making light of a very serious and emotional event. I feel so ashamed of myself. It's not like I don't know that there are those among us who are dealing with the reality of death on a daily basis. I'm so sorry.
I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
Especially to Faith , who lost her Grandmother tonight. Please believe me I never meant to be so callous and insensitive. I know your pain and sadness are deeply felt.
Then there is Barb , who is dealing with her Mothers recent diagnosis of cancer. Of course there's our own sweet Ellen, who deals every day with the knowledge that her illness has the potential to be a death sentence. There are others ( Dawn , for example) who have family members who are ill, or who themselves are ill, and I'm sure they don't appreciate my nonchalant attitide toward such an emotional matter.
What more can I say besides how sorry I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films