Monday, February 07, 2005

Laissez les bon temps roulez!
(let the good times roll)


Mardi Gras Day this year falls on Tuesday, February 8th. Which is of course tomorrow. Actually Mardi Gras starts on the Twelfth Night,(twelve days after Christmas) which is January 6th. In the city of New Orleans there are about two weeks of parades and celebrations leading up to Fat Tuesday, which is Mardi Gras Day.

If you'd like to learn a bit about the history and meaning of Mardi Gras check out Zero's post Carnival : Goodbye to the Flesh.
I've been reading her for quite a while and let me tell you she's not only wickedly funny, but deeply moving in much of what she writes. The ladder part of the post I mentioned above almost brought tears to my eyes.

" ...I would be a vehicle for disappointment and failure; that I would carry sadness and shame and insecurity deep in my spine, throughout my delts; that I would never sleep through an entire night without worrying how I'd manage to endure another day of my tedious life."

I feel as if she'd come in the dark of night and taken a snapshot of the me I allow no one to see.
Mon âme est nue pour que tous voient!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films