Monday, December 20, 2004

It Really IS A Small (and scary) World

I'm on a bit of a rant today. I realize that doesn't go too well with the picture above but folks I'm telling you I'm upset, so you'll have to forgive me if what I say offends you. I'll apologize in advance.
I'm sure most everyone has seen or heard about the woman from Kansas who confessed to murdering another young woman and stealing her baby. If you haven't, here's a fairly good synopsis of it... Stolen Fetus Suspect to Be Arraigned .
I am sick of hearing about these women who commit such horrific crimes (Susan Stewart, Andrea Yates,ect.), then some family member, or lawyer has the audacity to say "...she's suffering from post-partum depression..." or "...she just lost a baby...". Yada,yada, yada. I don't want to hear it. I know what depression is, even post-partum. I've been there. I've been so low that I couldn't get out of bed. I've felt like jumping off the highest bridge I could find. I've even sat and held a bottle of sleeping pills in my hands for hours battling within myself, trying to fight to find the strength not to take them all. I've had a miscarriage. I know the feeling of loss. But not once in all those times did I EVER consider hurting my children, my husband or anyone else. What this woman did is unconscionable. It was cold-blooded,pre-meditated murder. If ever there was a circumstance where the death penalty was appropriate, this is IT . She knew what she wanted and she knew what she was going to do to get it. Made all the worse by the joy she clearly displayed only hours after the ghastly crime she had commited. She went to that young womans home intending to kill her and steal her baby. There is no doubt she's guilty. She confessed. Maybe the one and only decent thing she did.
I know, being a good Christian, I am suppose to find it in my heart to forgive. To be compassionate. To try to understand. But, today, I am in no mood to exhibit any of those emotions. Maybe it's because this one has come to close to my own backdoor. You see, my daughter Kasey had been corresponding with this woman Lisa. She'd been chatting with her on the internet. She'd been to the dog breeding/selling website. She has emails from this person. They talked extensively about our dogs. Even exchanging pictures. The woman even ask Kasey if she had children. When I saw those emails my blood ran cold. She seemed so normal. While all that time this evil lurked inside her. Can I possibly express how this not only angers but frightens me? No, today I am in no mood to be understanding or sympathetic.

Bobbie Jo Stinnet
I can imagine what her family is going through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films