Friday, December 17, 2004

The Friday Five

Does anybody do the Friday Five anymore? I haven't seen it around in awhile, so I thought I'd give it a whirl today. Here without further ado.....

1. What is a fond holiday tradition from your childhood?
It was a Christmas tradition in my family that on Christmas Eve, we'd all pile in the car and ride around town to see the lights. Santa would always come while we were gone, so we kids knew what to expect when we got home. There would be presents, hot cocoa and cookies for everyone. I wanted to pass this tradition on to my children but my husband insisted we could not open presents until Christmas morning. So, on Christmas Eve, we'd load up, go for our ride come home and have the cocoa and cookies, but Santa would wait until we (they) went to bed to make his appearance.

2. If you could start a new holiday tradition, what would it be?
Every person would receive only one gift. I think people spend way too much money at Christmas.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song and who sings it?
Oh boy, I love them all. I guess The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire) would be my secular favorite. With Silent Night my religious favorite.

4. Is there a certain event, food, television program, etc. that makes your Christmastime complete?
Christmas dinner. When it's done, I not only feel complete but completely full!

5. Does is traditionally snow where you live at Christmastime? If not, do you wish that it did?
I haven't seen snow in years. Yes, I'd love to see snow. There is just something about snow that makes everything look fresh and clean. At least until everyone gets out and drives in it and it turns to slush.
***********


Here's wishing everyone a happy and safe weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films