Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Pearls of Wisdom

Today, I got butkis, so I will instead share with you these pearls of wisdom.

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
-- Lucille Ball

Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life-- Herbert Asquith
(I absolutely agree with this one!!!)

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
-- Larry Lorenzoni

To think, when one is no longer young, when one is not yet old, that one is no longer young, that one is not yet old, that is perhaps something.
-- Samuel Beckett
(I have not a clue where Sam was going with this one)

We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.
-- Unknown
(I recon I'm not old yet, cause I still want lots of good stuff on my birthday)

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
-- Chili Davis
(I think I'll opt for NOT)

People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you did it.
-- Howard Newton
(Maybe, but just think if you do it fast and good! On the other hand some things should NEVER be done fast, like eating cheesecake or pie, those are to be savored, every delightful, delicious bite a culinary delight. Then there's sex. Quickies may be good, but there's nothing that can quite compare to an afternoon of long, slow, sweaty, lovemaking. Well except maybe a nice piece of cheesecake afterwards, or during.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films