Sunday, June 13, 2004

Alive and Well

Here is something that was sent to me by a friend. For anyone who's been through the agony of a dying love, it speaks volumes. I thought I'd share it with you.

Not Love

What quality do I possess or perhaps lack
which puts your patience to the test
and causes that within your breast
to hate what beats inside my chest.
I wish our wedding day I could take back.

You say the love you feel for me is real,
but I ponder if that sentiment rings true.
Why my private thoughts I often hide from you.
If I shared them would more battering be due?
I am scared to tell you what I truly feel.

These times I feel my worth is quite in doubt;
that my value’s just illusion to my eyes,
my existence is that which you do despise.
I tumble through my days with tears and sighs.
The days like these I wish I could tear out.

When we wed I dreamed for lifelong bliss.
This was a wish for you, a wish for me,
A lifelong trip away to ecstasy.
A pleasure cruise across life’s every sea.
A fairytale in each days ending kiss.

But shadows of emotion start to creep.
Some valleys low, and some peaks high,
some days to laugh, some nights to cry.
My soul a bird away to fly.
My dying heart here left alone to weep.

author:Sandburg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films