Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I Can See Clearly Now (I think)

I have been doing some hard thinking these last few days. About what I believe and why I believe it. Where I stand on big and little issues. I will be the first to admit that when I feel strongly about something I can get a bit over the top real quick. Sometimes things can be said, or written in the heat of anger that would be better left unsaid. For all my bravado, I would never willingly offend anyone or try to force my opinion on anyone. But the bottom line is, this is my place to vent. To express my feelings about everything. My feelings. No one has the right to expect me to tiptoe around issues that are important to me, in order to keep from stepping on their toes. Anyone can disagree with me. I welcome your opinions. If something you read here offends you, then keep in mind that feeling the way I do, it's entirely possible that something I have read in your blogs may have offended me. That's the chance you take when you engage in the open and free exchange of ideas. If all you want to see and hear are the thoughts and opinions of people who agree with you then you should limit yourself to blogs of that genre.
I'm a serious person. I tend to take things more seriously than the average bear. I have moments of funny but over all I'm not what one would call a 'funny girl'. Because of that I write about things of a more serious nature.
My day to day life is boring and would surely lull you into a deep sleep. I have worked through some fairly serious family issues here in this blog. Not of late, but in the beginning my dysfunctional family was the primary subject of my blogging. I appreciate the input and help that all of you have offered me over the past year. I still find myself thinking "what would Leslie do..." or "how would Brenda handle this catastrophe...".
I guess what I am trying to say here is that I value each of you. I love your comments. I look forward to reading them and responding to them. But,I am what I am, and I am not going to censor myself in order to meet someone elses standards. I wouldn't ask that of you. If that means you no longer wish to visit my blog so be it. I will be going through my blogroll over the next few days. If you would like your blog removed then please let me know. If you want to remove mine from yours, I will understand. I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films