Friday, May 28, 2004

A Hero Dies

I've had a busy day today, so I didn't even know untill I got to Bohemian Mama's . There I discovered some very sad news. One of my long time hero's has passed away. Lifelong Protester David Dellinger Dies . Like BM, this is very sad news for me.

" Colman McCarthy, director of the Center for Teaching Peace Inc. in Washington, called Mr. Dellinger "truly a kind and lovable man, both a natural storyteller about all his decades of jamming the gears of the world's war machines, and an icon of nonviolence who taught that all of us are called to be peacemakers. In an era diseased with war, his arguments for pacifism remain bedrock-sound."



Bohemian Mama, summed it up best..."the legend of Dave Dellinger is one to not only aspire to and to try to imitate, but one to remember when we think times are tough. He never gave up, he never bowed to false authorities and he never stopped telling the truth.
Goodbye David.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films