Monday, May 03, 2004

Face Off

No, not the movie, the demonstration....

Michael and Jill Joshua, with 7-month-old Noah, said they came from Olympia to show their support for traditional marriage.

I am not going to even get into the 'gay marriage' means doom to mankind bs.
Lets just take a look at that picture above.
There nestled in his Mothers loving arms is Noah, 7-month-old son of Jill and Michael. Since his name is Noah I am assuming this baby is a boy. A little baby boy, dressed in purple and pink shorts, with a butterscotch colored top. All I am saying here is if his Mommy continues to dress him like a girl, she may need to re-think her attitude on the gay marriage issue.
Okay, I changed my mind. Hey, I'm a woman I can do that. Just call me wishy-washy .
So, this 57 year old woman named Lynn Blond is quoted as saying "Marriage is for the purpose of procreation, to populate the world. Two people of the same sex can't procreate.". Give me a freaking break!
We have over 6 billion (or is it trillion) people on this planet. Does it really matter if a few of them don't procreate? I mean we've got folks having 5 and 6 kids they can't feed and clothe so what's the big deal if NOT everybody feels the need to reproduce.
Where in the Bible does it say that marriage is ONLY between a man and a woman? I know it says "We have come together to join this man and this woman...." but I can't think of anywhere it actually says only a man and a woman can be joined in marriage. I know there's a line or two regarding 'if a man should lie with another man' but that's about all I can think of. There is not one word about women with women. So do lesbians get a free pass?
But, if we are going to go strictly by the Bible, how about that line "what God has joined together let no man put asunder". Doesn't that mean like, NO divorce? Then there's that line about not bearing false witness against thy neighbor. I want you to tell me, do you know anyone who doesn't lie?
You see the thing is, if you are going to use the Bible to set the guidelines for society, then you have set ALL the guidelines. Not just those that appeal to you.
Don't preach to me about abortion and homosexuality being wrong then go about your life doing what you damn well please. Because there are no little and big sins. Sin is sin. Greed is sin, sloth is sin, jealousy is sin, hypocrisy is a sin, lust is a sin, sex between unmarried people is a sin, the list goes on. Yet you choose to ignore those because they don't offend you. Well guess what. That's not how it works. If you are putting yourself up on a pedestal and are judging others, you might want to think about the fact that pride is also a sin.
Jesus, hung out with eleven other guys. I'm not saying he was gay, but he didn't feel the need to have a woman in his life did he?
Judge not that ye be judged.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Love thy neighbor
Live and let live.

Need I say more?

Ya'll have a great week. Wanda's late Sunday night sermon is now over!
Go forth and campaign for MY MAN !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films