Thursday, April 22, 2004

So Much for Freedom of the Press

When we get through freeing Iraq, maybe we need to start paying attention to what is happening to our freedom here in the US.

Woman Loses Her Job Over Photo
"A military contractor has fired Tami Silicio, a Kuwait-based cargo worker whose photograph of flag-draped coffins of fallen U.S. soldiers was published in Sunday's edition of The Seattle Times. "


First they came for the Communists ( Howard Stern),

and I didn't speak up because (oh well I didn't like him anyway) I wasn't a Communist

Then they came for the Jews ( Janet Jackson),

and I didn't speak up because (how dare she show her almost bare boob) I wasn't a Jew

Then they came for the Catholics (okay now it's Tami's turn),

and I didn't speak up (must not show coffins of dead soldiers), because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me (because I'm a pussy liberal),

and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me (boy do I know THIS feeling).


by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945


Thanks to Ampro over at
The Big Wedding , for this bit of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films