Monday, April 26, 2004

I Am A Terrorist

Yep, that would be me. It could be YOU too. How so you ask?
Well read this...
From the Daily Kos...
When asked about today's pro-choice rally, Hughes (Karen Hughes former White House Counselor) revealed that the administration would prefer that voters not distinguish supporting terrorists from supporting a woman's right to exercise control over her own body:

In the comments to the post I accidently deleted this morning there was a great observation by my friend Meshelle. I am going to try to remember what she said as best I can and restate it here.
What I wonder about these days is what in the hell is wrong with the women in this country?
There is currently a law before the Senate (she may have said House) in Michigan that will allow doctors to refuse to treat anyone on religious or moral grounds. There is also a little known law in most states that allows a phamacist to refuse to fill a prescription on religious or moral grounds.
Now couple this with the fact that if Bush returns to the White House in 05, there is a strong possibility/probability that at least one or more Supreme Court Justices will return during his next four years in office. Which means that a man who has already shown he has little regard for womens rights, and that he believes religion should dictate the manner in which we live our lives, will have the power to appoint the next Supreme Court Justice. What are the odds that this justice will be a very far right wing conservative (American Taliban)?
What do you suppose the chances are that Roe-v-Wade will be reversed? Women in this country will then be living in a country where we are not allowed to excercise our choice in whether or not to have an abortion. How long before we will not even be able to find a doctor to prescribe birth control? Or if we can find a doctor, will we even be able to get the prescription filled? Is this what we want for our daughters, sisters, and friends? For ourselves?
Meshelle, I hope I got that fairly close to what you said.

Think it can't happen? Well we already have women like Karen Hughes (the Presidents former right hand woman) comparing us to terrorist.
Well screw them. If that makes me a terrorist then so be it. You are damned right I'm gonna fight. Call me a terrorist if you want. No freaking man, or woman is going to tell me what I can and can not do with my own body.
Whether you support abortion or not is not the issue. The issue is whether you believe that every woman, just like every man, has the right to make that decision for herself. God granted us free will. No man has the right to deny us that right.
Sorry folks but my conscience won't let me vote for a man who would so deminish women's rights. How long before we become like the women of the Middle East that we so pity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films