Friday, April 09, 2004

Guest Writer

To Whom It May Concern

I am a friend and neighbor of Wanda's and after much pleading I have convinced her to open her space up to me so that I can set the record straight.
Little did I know when I sat down at her computer to read her blog that I was going to start something that would end up with a really wonderful lady being hurt.
My name is Jason. I have known Wanda and Robert for a little over 12 years. I met Robert when we served together in Desert Storm. I met Wanda a few years later. They are both terrific folks. People I am proud to know.
Wanda talks about blogging ALL the time. That and the wonderful people she has met through blogging.
So imagine my surprise when I dropped by today and found her sitting here at her computer in tears. When I realized that I was partiality to blame, I felt like the lowest heel you can imagine.
I am the culprit. The guilty party. I'm the fellow who dared to question one of your fellow bloggers. I would like to point out that I did so only after he questioned my integrity, my sexuality, and my patroitism (anyone who reads him on a regular basis knows this is typical of him, not being a regular reader, I did not). As a veteran of the first gulf war, and a current member of the armed forces, I did not take this lightly. Yes, I confronted him mano-a-mano. Not in someone elses blog, one on one through email. Privately. I said what I had to say. He had my email address. He could have dealt with me personally.
Instead he decided he would attack someone else. He decided to slander a good, decent lady and make her look and feel like shit. A real piece of work this fellow who calls himself Dick. I'd say the name fits him. I have the email I sent him. I'll be glad to forward a copy of it to anyone who wants to read it. It was not worthy of what he said and implied about my friend. And your friend as well. Or so she thought.
After talking with her a bit I realized that it wasn't what Dick said that upset her. She said that she's used to his rants and doesn't take him seriously. What her hurt so much was the people she thought, knew , liked , and respected her. People that would never have imagined that she was the person this Dick was referring to. People she thought of as her friends. People that she has opened up her heart and soul to. That she has trusted with the most intimate details of her life. More than one of you jumped on his bandwagon and joined him in his onslaught on her character. Not a single person came to her defense. Not one.
You should be ashamed. Every single one of you. You came here to her little corner of the world, you called her your buddy, your friend, but when she needed You, you turned your back on her.
For what? A guy who's ego is so miniscule that he has to beat up on a woman? For a guy who can dish it out but can't take it? He 's the one who started this. I didn't go to his blog spew shit about him. I said what I had to say in private.
I'm going to try and post this. I hope Wanda will let it stay. At least now you know the rest of the story.
If you have something to say to me my email address is meyers6901@yahoo.com have at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films