Friday, April 16, 2004

All's Fair in Love & War

Or is it?
The post below was posted in fun. If I offended ANYONE I am sorry and will remove it posthaste! There were NO Kerry posters or I would have posted one of them as well.
It would be easy for me to give in to my basic instincts and stoop to name calling. I could say that the fools who continue to support the President and his administration are idiots, stubborn, blind, arrogant, ignorant, dumb fucks who refuse to admit they made a mistake in backing a man who has screwed things up so badly. I could say they are bullies who think they have the right to foist their morals, religion and their attitude of if you don't agree with me your an idiot' off on everyone, whether we want it or not. There are some really nasty things I could say.
The problem is I happen to know some of those people. People like Jen, David, & Mary Lou and I don't think they are any of those things. Well with the possible exception of stubborn. A trait we share.
I think we see things for different points of view. I know that Jen and I have had some similiar experiences. We have been down a rough road and we know that not everyone who doesn't have a job, is unemployed because they are lazy or lack ambition. It's not that cut and dried.
I try not to make assumptions about people. In fact, I try not to judge people at all. I try to simply accept them. After all who am I to be judging anyone?
I am not so arrogant as to believe that I know everything. Or that my way of thinking is the ONLY way. I am not one of those you are either with me or you're against me kind of people. I believe that people can have differences of opinons on politics, love, life, religion, sex, marriage, and even abortion and still be friends. It all comes down to respect .
I respect all opinions. I may not agree with you, but I respect your right to have one different than mine.
It's a long time until November 2nd. Minds can be changed. But you aren't going to change anyone's mind by calling them stupid, or ignorant. In fact just the opposite.
One thing I have learned is that sometimes the quietest people have the deepest thoughts. They don't say much, because they are listening and balancing the facts. I've come to realize those are the opinions I value most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films