Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Coming Attractions

The coming attractions I promised have arrived. The ones on the left are primarily for TxOceanlovers benefit. I know he will be torn. While he may love the underwear, he may not be able to get past the message they bear.
The other is on the lower right side, and is something new I am trying out. I am going to occasionally have a Blog of Honor. I'm going to use this short story to explain why.

"You are Wonderful"

The following true story captured my heart. It happened several years ago in the Paris opera house. A famous singer had been contracted to sing, and ticket sales were booming. In fact, the night of the concert found the house packed and every ticket sold. The feeling of anticipation and excitement was in the air as the house manager took the stage and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your enthusiastic support. I am afraid that due to illness, the man whom you've all come to hear will not be performing tonight. However, we have found a suitable substitute we hope will provide you with comparable entertainment." The crowd groaned in disappointment and failed to hear the announcer mention the stand-in's name. The environment turned from excitement to frustration.
The stand-in performer gave the performance everything he had. When he had finished, there was nothing but an uncomfortable silence. No one applauded. Suddenly, from the balcony, a little boy stood up and shouted, "Daddy, I think you are wonderful!" The crowd broke into thunderous applause.

We all need people in our Lives who are willing to stand up once in a while and say, "I think you are wonderful" , or "I think you did a great job".

So, I am going to do just that with my Blog of Honor.
The honor of being first goes to Amy at
Blog Amy. Her entry titled It's Personal: An Ongoing Series encompasses many of my personal and political beliefs.
I don't know how often I will update this, but keep checking ever so often, you never know YOU might be next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home




An Audience of One
A Touch Of Heaven
Always Victoria
Bacon and Eh's
Boydcreek
Canuckville
CassieB!!
Causin a Kimmotion!
Chocolate Starfish
Critter Chick
Cul-de-Sac
CandyTufft
Defiance Dolls
Emptying My Head
4EverDawn
Joe Cool
Life After Nexcom
Life on Whidbey
Lumbering Soul
Mind Diversion
My Insanity
Out in the Open
Otto
Southern Secrets
Split Splat (KB)
Talk With Desiree
Txoceanlover's Laments
What's Up Down South
Wind Spirit
Star Wars Fan Films